Agile Product Management: An Overview
There’s a revolution sweeping the software product development world: agile methods. Many Product Managers (sometimes called the Business Owner of the system, for internal systems) and development teams in Silicon Valley have been applying these practices for years, and they are now spreading worldwide, from London to Los Angeles.
In Scrum, the most popular agile method, a key role is Product Owner. This is a product management role with specific responsibilities in Scrum. In this practical introduction, you will learn key ideas and practices of agile development, aimed at Product Managers and the Scrum Product Owner.
Methods of Education
Discussion, presentation, Q&A
Those involved in product management
- Know key agile and Scrum principles
- Know the role and responsibilities of the Scrum Product Owner
- Motivation, Evidence, Cases
- Agile and Iterative Methods
- Agile and Scrum principles
- Why is the Product Manager role so central to agile methods and what will you do that’s new?
- What is a Product Backlog? How to create and manage it?
- Estimation, Release Planning and Scheduling Iterative Projects
- Adaptive Iterative Planning
- Tracking Progress on Agile Projects
- Product Owner: Role and Responsibilities
- Evolutionary Requirements Analysis
Environment - Room, Tools, Texts
Read this: Course Environment - Presentation Oriented